The Come Up Project Trailer #3

The Come Up Project Trailer #3 from The Come Up on Vimeo.

Trailer # 3 includes cuts and quick shots of more familiar faces. Look out for more documentary previews. The Documentary is projected to release early 2011 Date TBA The Come Up Project covers lifestyle of music, skate, art, streetwear & fashion cultures from musicians, lines, designers, artists, and skaters on "the come up" to the celebrities who have made it. Solely to inspire people to get up and do something with their lives. Stay tuned for more videos, look out for Vol. 3 and follow TheComeUpTv.com for episodes and features.

Tuesday, April 20

Big Sean Talks Def Jam Debut, Detroit Roots, and Working w/ Kanye x Pharrell


Complex: That’s a lot of love right there. Switching topics a bit, I’ve noticed that in the past there’s been a bunch of delays regarding your stuff, from videos to mixtapes…
Oh yeah, the “Getcha Some” video took like a year and a half to come out, and when it came out I was pissed off because I don’t even like the song anymore. I’ve grown as an artist so much that I’m like, “I don’t even wanna see this shit.” My style has changed more, my clothes, but I understand that it’s all politics. Def Jam is a great label and I’ve just learned certain things you gotta do to get all your shit in order. It’s nobody’s fault, it’s just the way it happens. That’s what it is with that. You live and you learn, man. I’ve learned you can’t wait on anybody. You have to raise your awareness yourself, because then they’re gonna jump on anyway. Whoever, your label, your people, they’re gonna recognize the difference from when they go to your show and everybody’s just staring at you, and they go to your show and motherfuckers is saying the words and getting hype for you. They see that, and I’ve been working harder than anybody. It’s just perfect timing man, with the XXL cover thing, people over at Complex showing me love, all these magazines, MTV and BET, I can’t even tell when I’m sleep no more. [Laughs.]
Complex: What’s it like being mentored and co-signed by Kanye?
Working with Kanye is one of the greatest things ever. It’s also one of the most nerve-wracking things ever. He’s like the most critical, particular, artistic person ever. But man, without him, I wouldn’t be shit. I recognize that he’s one of my greatest mentors musically, and I love him for everything he’s done for me. It’s unbelievable, man. He shows you different methods of music. He always tries to re-invent, make new things and trends all the time, so getting the co-sign from him was one of the biggest things that could ever happen to me. People are gonna see all the growth from my mixtapes to my next mixtape and album. Kanye had a lot to do with that, as did NO I.D. and Pharrell.
View the full interview on Complex.


No comments:

Post a Comment